Trails for Change raises more than $30,000

Some of the participants in Trails for Change

Participants of all ages and abilities took part in the MedEarth Trails for Change event, with 60 per cent opting for the challenging 21km course and the remaining 40 per cent tackling the 11km route.

The event catered to both walkers and runners, allowing individuals to choose their preferred pace.

Thanks to the overwhelming support from participants and donors, the event has already raised an impressive $30,707.

But MedEarth remains hopeful that additional donations will continue to pour in over the next few weeks, as fundraising efforts will remain open until the end of the year.

Those taking part included corporate teams from BioPak, CCEP, and IBM, as well as groups of friends and family.

The age range of participants was equally diverse, from a six-month-old baby carried on Dad’s back to a 70-year-old trail enthusiast.

The event also witnessed the remarkable fundraising efforts of a teenager who garnered support from their school and a seven-year-old who distributed notes to friends, collecting gold coin donations.

“The Trails for Change event was not just about the physical challenge; it was a platform to raise awareness and funds for MedEarth’s mission,” a spokesperson said.

“Every $100 raised from the event allows MedEarth to save $10,000 worth of medical items from going to landfill and positively impact the lives of 10,000 people in disadvantaged communities worldwide,” Co-Founder Laura Taitz said.

“The success of the Trails for Change event can be attributed to the dedicated volunteers, event crew and the exceptional support provided to participants.

“We extend our heartfelt gratitude to all participants, sponsors, and supporters who made the Trails for Change event a remarkable triumph.

“The funds raised will undoubtedly make a significant impact on the lives of those in need, aligning with MedEarth’s mission to create a sustainable and equitable healthcare future.”