The popular Woy Woy Waterfront Markets are among the first local community markets out of the blocks in 2022. The Wyee Markets are back this Saturday and other market organisers are carefully planning their events ready for the new year.
This Sunday’s event in Woy Woy will undoubtedly be a more subdued celebration than normal, though Woy Woy Waterfront Market organisers are confident that locals will embrace the event.
Unfortunately Wyong’s Markets 2259 that were due to be held on Sunday have been cancelled due to infected team members.
Community markets around the Central Coast have been a hit and miss affair over the last couple of years, though after a cautiously successful return in December many seem set to return as regular events in 2022, fresh lockdowns not withstanding.
Local markets planned for January include:
- Wyee Markets Saturday January 8
- Woy Woy Waterfront Markets Sunday January 9
- Wyong 2259 Markets Sunday January 9 (cancelled)
- East Gosford Markets Saturday January 15
- Umina Markets Sunday January 16
- Bouddi Home Markets Saturday January 22
- Avoca markets Sunday January 23
- Long Jetty Markets Saturday January 29 (TBC)
Markets organisers across the Coast have needed to adopt a flexible approach to their events as changes to schedules happen rapidly. Keep an eye out for quick cancellations or postponements before jumping in the car to visit.