October 12, 2021: Central Coast Local Health District has confirmed this morning that 22 local residents have tested positive to COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8pm Monday night. Significantly, 18 are linked to known cases.
The source of infection for only three cases is under investigation. This represents a vast improvement in contact tracing compared to just three weeks ago when CCN reported that 29 of 35 cases were initially from unknown sources.
There have now been 1,063 local cases of COVID-19 in the Local Health District since the start of the current outbreak in June this year.
Potential exposure sites
CCLHD has also released the locations, dates and times of a series of new potential exposure sites on the Central Coast that include popular shopping centres and a bank branch. See the list below:
- Aldi, Tuggerah (Westfield Tuggerah, Cnr Gavenlock & Cobbs Rd, Tuggerah)
- Thursday 30 September, 4:10pm-4:55pm
- Bunnings, Umina (Cnr West St &, South St, Umina Beach)
- Wednesday 6 October, 10:55am-11:30am
- Commonwealth Bank Gosford (184 Mann St, Gosford)
- Tuesday 5 October, 11:40am-11:55am
- IGA, Ettalong Beach (396 Ocean View Rd, Ettalong Beach)
- Friday 8 October, 11:20am-11:50am
- Woolworths, Lake Munmorah (1 Tall Timbers Rd, Lake Munmorah)
- Wednesday 6 October, 12:40pm-1:25pm
Anyone who attended the venues above on the dates and times listed is considered a ‘casual contact’.
Under the Health Orders Casual contacts must get tested and isolate until a negative result is received, even if you have had a test in recent days.
Verified information source: Media releases Central Coast Local Health District October 16, 17, 18 2021