Sept. 23, 2021: Central Coast Local Health District CCLHD has changed its data reporting protocol and will no longer be reporting potential exposure sites to the public.
The announcement comes as reliable reports suggest the local contact tracing team are being put under growing pressure as local case numbers grow.
An offical media statement by an unnamed CCLHD spokesperson said:
‘Central Coast Local Health District will no longer identify COVID-19 venue exposures which are assessed as low risk. Experience shows there is a very low risk of transmission at venues such as takeaway cafes, petrol stations and for short visits to retail shops.’exposure sites’.
CCLHD has reasoned that the reduced reporting will allow faster and more effective contact tracing, the Central Coast Public Health Unit is focusing its efforts on people who have potentially been exposed to a confirmed COVID-19 case. The statement says such venues include:
- high-risk facilities (such as a healthcare or aged care facility, school or childcare centre); and
- any location where transmission has been identified or is considered likely to have occurred.
“The revised process for Central Coast region is based on state-wide experience gained during the current COVID-19 outbreak” said the spokesperson.
CCLHD will continue to assess venues on a case-by-case basis and alert the public of any exposures where there is deemed to be a public health risk.
Greater Sydney stopped reporting exposure sites earlier this month.
Verified information source: Media releases Central Coast Local Health District October 19-25 2021