Friday Sept 3, 2021: Central Coast Local Health District confirms that eight local residents have tested positive to COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8pm to Thursday night.
Two of the cases are linked to previously notified cases. One case is linked to a worksite cluster in Sydney. The source of infection for the other five cases is under investigation. Six cases were in the community while infectious.
There have now been 78 local cases of COVID-19 in the Central Coast Local Health District since the start of the current outbreak.
New exposure sites
Seven new Central Coast locations have been identified as exposure sites.
- Kermat’s Pies and Kebabs, Gosford (111 Donnison St, Gosford)
- Sunday 29 August, 2.20pm to 2.25pm
- Wyong Post Office, Wyong (21-23 Alison Rd, Wyong)
- Friday 27 August, 3.15pm to 3.25pm
- Petbarn West Gosford (356 Manns Rd, West Gosford)
- Saturday 28 August, 10.45am to 11am
- Caltex Woolworths/EG Fuel (522 Pacific Highway, Wyoming)
- Saturday 28 August, 12.20pm to 12.30pm
- Metro Petroleum Doyalson (50 Pacific Highway, Doyalson)
- Wednesday 25 August, 12.05pm to 12.30pm
- First Choice Liquor Market (17-33 Pacific Highway, San Remo)
- Tuesday 24 August, 1.30pm to 1.45pm
- Woolworths Bateau Bay (Charter Hall Square, 12 Bay Village Rd, Bateau Bay)
- Friday 27 August, 7.25pm to 8pm
- Sunday 29 August, 8.35am to 9.30am
- Monday 30 August, 6pm to 6.30pm*
*Please note: If the day and time you visited is marked with an asterisk (*), it falls within the last four days. This means you must also get another test five days after you visited, wear a mask around others, limit your movements until you get another negative result, and get tested again if you develop any symptoms.
Call to stay vigilant
CCLHD is calling for community vigilance in the following suburbs, where there is mounting evidence of community transmission:
- Charmhaven area including Blue Haven, Charmhaven, Doyalson, Gorokan, Hamlyn Terrace, Kanwal, Lake Haven, San Remo, Wadalba, Warnervale, Wyong
- Bateau Bay area including Blue Bay, Bateau Bay, Killarney Vale, Long Jetty, Shelly Beach, The Entrance, The Entrance North, Toowoon Bay
- Toukley area including Budgewoi, Buff Point, Canton Beach, Halekulani, Magenta, Norah Head, Noraville, Toukley, Tuggerawong, Wyongah, Kanwal, Gorokany, Lake Haven
Residents in all of these suburbs are advised to stay on alert for symptoms, get tested immediately, and isolate even if the mildest of symptoms appear.Symptoms of COVID-19 include a fever, cough, sore/scratchy throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, and loss of taste or smell.