The Pacific Highway upgrade through Wyong Town Centre will get $4.3M in the NSW 2020-21 Budget announced on Tuesday, November 17.
This funding will go towards finalising detailed designs and to commence early works for the project.
Other major projects in the northern suburbs to get funding in the Budget include:
- $1.5M to continue planning for the $387M duplication of the Central Coast Highway between Bateau Bay and Wamberal;
- $34M for design, planning approval and construction of an accessibility upgrade, including lifts, at Tuggerah Station;
- $15M for the construction of the new 500-student Porters Creek Public School on Warnervale Rd;
- $111.1M for construction work on the redevelopment of Wyong Hospital; and,
- $793,000 to construct new and upgrade existing social and affordable housing for Aboriginal communities in Killarney Vale, as part of $17M for maintenance and upgrades of social and affordable housing across the Central Coast.
More budget stories in this week’s Coast Community News.