Central Coast food courts will reopen on June 13, along with others in the state, as the NSW Government continues to ease social distancing restrictions.
In other changes, the number of people allowed to visit homes will increase from 5 to 20, and the number of people allowed to gather outdoors increases from 10 to 20.
Parliamentary Secretary for the Central Coast and Member for Terrigal Adam Crouch said the easing of restrictions was good news for the region.
“The Central Coast community has been diligent in observing safe practices during the COVID 19 pandemic,” Crouch said.
“This is another step towards getting back to our normal routines in a safe way.”
Premier Gladys Berejiklian said Australia had been a world leader in dealing with COVID-19.
“I want us to be an example on how to reopen an economy in a COVID-safe way,” she said.
“We will shortly have more to say on easing further restrictions across the state from July 1, which will keep as many people in jobs as possible.”
Health Minister Brad Hazzard said every decision the NSW Government is making in relation to easing restrictions is informed by health advice.
Meanwhile, Central Coast Stadium has received the go ahead to allow corporate guests into the venue.
The Stadium will be the first venue under this year’s NRL Premiership to welcome corporate sponsors into the venue.
Up to 180 guests will be admitted and advised to practise appropriate social distancing at all times with allocated areas arranged to ensure distancing of one person per four square metres.
“Maintaining staff and visitor health will remain a top priority to ensure all visitors and staff are kept safe,” a statement from Council said.
Corporate areas are for home team sponsors only and all guests entering the allocated corporate area must register and undergo mandatory temperature checks.
Media releases, Jun 11
Parliamentary Secretary for the Central Coast, Adam Crouch and Central Coast Council