5 Lands Walk will not return until 2021

A moment from the 2019 5 Lands Walk

The popular 5 Lands Walk has been added to the growing list of events that will not go ahead this year as the Coronavirus crackdown continues.

5 Lands Walk Committee President, Con Ryan, confirmed in a statement on March 18 that the widespread implications surrounding COVID-19 had led the Committee to unanimously vote to call time on the 2020 event.
Ryan said the 5 Lands Walk would return in 2021 and that the decision had been made with the safety of the community in mind.
“During these volatile and challenging times, things are moving quickly in Australia and globally, with government, sporting and organisational policies changing rapidly to address public health issues in relation to COVID-19.
“The health of our volunteers, walkers and everyone associated with the 5 Lands Walk is our number one priority,” he said.
Attracting over 20,000 participants annually to peruse the Coastline from MacMasters Beach to Terrigal, Ryan said the walk contributes over $2.5M to the local economy, with the loss of this year’s 5 Lands Walk to be a palpable blow to the region’s economy and social calendar.

Source:
Press release, Mar 18
Con Ryan, 5 Lands Walk Committee

Rolling Central Coast Coronavirus updates; news, events, announcements & contacts.

Share this story