A dozen face 210 charges in massive drug strike

A dozen people faced court after being charged with more than 200 offences after police executed search warrants across the Tuggerah Lakes Police District on Friday, May 11.

Police from the Tuggerah Lakes Target Action Group 0stablished Strike Force Mahratta in November 2017 to investigate the alleged mid-level supply of methylamphetamines on the Central Coast.

Police simultaneously executed seven search warrants at around 6:00am at homes in Watanobbi, Wyong, Tumbi Umbi and Long Jetty. Drugs, knives, knuckledusters, mobile
phones and other drugrelated items were seizedby police along with property suspected  of being stolen.

Eight men and four women were arrested and taken to Wyong Police Station.

They were charged with 210 offences including supply prohibited drug, possess prohibited drug, knowingly participate in a criminal group, goods in custody, use prohibited weapon, use carriage service to threaten serious harm and knowingly deal
in proceeds of crime.

A 28-year-old man from Tumbi Umbi was charged with 74 offences.

43-year-old man from Watanobbi was charged with 28 offences.

A 26-year-old man from Tumbi Umbi was charged with 25 offences.

A 31-year-old man from Wyong was charged with 15 offences.

A 43-year-old man from Long Jetty was chargedwith 10 offences.

A 63-year-old woman from Wadalba was charged with eight offences.

A 32-year-old man from Watanobi was charged with five offences.

A 23-year-old man from Gorokan was charged with four offences.

All were refused bail and appeared in Wyong Local Court on Saturday, May 12.

A 24-year-old woman from Tumbi Umbi has been charged with one offence and has been conditionally bailed to appear in Wyong Local Court on Wednesday, May 30.

A 35-year-old woman from Wadalba was charged with 22 offences.

A 31-year-old woman from Watanobbi was charged with 12 offences.

A 36-year-old man from Woy Woy was charged with six offences.

These three were refused bail to appear in Wyong Local Court on Tuesday, July 17. Police were not prepared to make further comment on the case given those charged were before the courts.

Source: Media release, May 11 NSW Police Media